Bishop John H. Anderson came to Mendon in 1900 and was bishop through 1903. He was from Logan and rented a place in Mendon while he was bishop.
He built and started the Anderson store in Mendon. He had a store in Logan prior to becoming Mendon's bishop. The family ran both stores and would bring things to Mendon that were not in stock by request.